Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Last day of Winter Break

Hello!

Sadly today is my last day of Winter break -- sad to have to go back to work, but no work = no money for quilting, so off to work I go!

I did stay up last night til almost 2 AM working on this project  - it was 2011 New Years Eve Mystery - I had all the blocks done and 2 rows sewed together, so I sewed the other 5 rows and put them all together last night and then got up this morning and put on the 2 borders!  Yippee another UFO off to the long armer!  Love the bright colors, such a great quilt to work on when it is a high of 1 degree today.     


 Then I also finished this table runner -- of course it is my new obsession fabric -- so it looked so good in the sewing room.....


 I put it on my newly painted dresser -- still have the drawers open a bit they still seem to be sticking when I close them and the dresser has been painted almost a week, I think -- It is almost full!  Today I went thru all my Christmas fabric and I was hoping it would only take up 2 drawers WRONG 3 drawers full!  So guess what I am going to start working on yes.....you guessed ...Christmas table runners and such to reduce that part of my stash and build up my stock for my craft shows.



Dear Hubby and I went up north the weekend between Christmas and New Years and found  a really neat antique mall -- I of course got a few things!  This was  neat way to use a "cutter quilt" they used pinking shears to cut around the block -- it is a great table topper.

Then one of my favorite things are these vintage potholders -- all 4 of these were less than $5 for the set -- and in  the blue square one needs a bit of repair on the one edge oherwise in great condition, I can use these for Valentines day and 4th of July deocrations.

Well that is all for now, what are you working on?

I will be back at work tomorrow, so I bet my productivity will slow up a bit  :(  But keep stopping by I have lots of things I am this close to finishing and the weather is still not going to be that great so when I get home I plan to head up to my gorgeous sewing room and relax and stitch!

Happy Stitches and thanks for stopping by!

Dorothy   

No comments: