Sunday, January 15, 2012

More from that Old Basket and Easter!

Good Morning!

Couple more finishes from that old basket of mine! And still more in it -- This is a Thimbleberries block from a BOM that I never finished ( imagine that!) So I had some coordinating fabric - so I added 2 borders and quilted it, it is 27 inches square a nice size table topper. And the best part is -- it is DONE!



This is also from a BOM that I never finished - I h ad 3 other blocks from it and I finished and sold those at last years craft shows, so I hope this is also going to sell fast this fall. But again - something Done!!



Also in my basket I had some Easter stuff -- This pattern was in there and I had pulled some fabric - and I have some towels I thought these would look cute on towels and maybe potholders, I am in the Potholder Pass 10 and I am in the the Spring group - my partner that I got likes green and blue-- so I was thinking of appliqueing on blue and bordering with green and then I have a green towel - so it might be a cute set. I will work on it and see. But this one I think is going to be appliqued on a placemat I got at the thrift shop - I got 4 blue and yellow placemats for $1.99 all in new condition -- so I thought a bunny in the corner might work. I will let you know where this little bunny ends up.


Well yesterday I did not get to sew much, Dear Hubby is removing the whirlpool tub from the basement -- the motor repair will cost almost as much as a new one, so I was downt here for 5 hours gutting the bathroom with him. Today he wants to watch football, so you guessed it, I will be sewing!
Hope your weekend is going great!
Happy Stitches!
Dorothy

No comments: