Tuesday, October 12, 2010

A little Eye Candy

Hello

I promised you some more pictures of what I have working on ....so here they are....


I signed up to be an angel in the Posey Applique needle case swap, so I had this one almost done I finished it up and am going to the PO right after I post here.




I love Halloween and Fall and this is from a pattern from Buttermilk Basin and I just tied the last note the other day -- now this afternoon I can border it and decide pillow or wall hanging....


I used some BOO fabric from an old Thimbleberries line...never had used a print for a stitchery before I think it turned out pretty nice.



I saw on someone blog, some cards, and she just stripped pieced them, but I thought I might like to try something a bit different so here is version 1. I did like the rick rack, because I could not remember where I saw the idea I did not know how to finish the edges, and the rick rack worked great and I have a ton of it. The package I used I got from a garage sale some time ago, the price on the package from the manufacturer was 39 cents!



And here is one at an angle. Really fun to do. It is like paper piecing. And Quick and Easy.


I did purchase the Fall Quilts and More Magazine, I am trying to cut back, as I have so many magazines but this one had several ideas I liked. So here is the treat bag from that magazine.
You can also get the pattern from Allpeoplequilt.com - kinda makes me wonder why I bought the magazine, but it does have other projects I would like to try.


The mail lady just left and while I was posting this blog I ran down to see if my pattern I ordered on ebay on Friday arrived and it did!!! I am in Le Petite Project group this year, they did the Schnibble a month last year and seeing all the great projects I signed up this year, so the first project that needs to be done by Nov 1 is Pagini Schnibble -and after searching several shops around here and no one had it - I decided to order on line - and it was only $5.50 and that included shipping. SO I think for the next projects for that group I will just order on line and save the gas and trouble.
I am off to the PO and then back home to whip up the Pagini quilt.
Happy Stitches!
Dorothy





1 comment:

Clothed in Scarlet said...

ah! Dot, you blogged about me:0) hehe. I heart everything! Thanks again, Sarah