Saturday, October 16, 2010

Friday Night Sew In - Here is what I worked on

Good Morning!

Did you get alot done at the Friday night sew in last night? I sure feel like I did. First I completed another little Halloween treat bag. Cute little Frankenstein on the front of it. I keep making these from scraps in my fall/halloween fabric tote. Earlier this week I even made a larger one to hold a gift for garden club. They are so easy, you gotta try them. I am going to start making some for Christmas for gift cards.




Then I had gotten an email regarding the Little Dresses for Africa program - where you use a pillowcase to make little girls dresses, I thought it sounded interesting and I would give it a try.
Thursday I was off and had to run some errands, while out I found a fabulous garage sale! And they had some king size pillowcases in perfect condition for 25 cents each, so I purchased 3. And I already had the bias tape that you need for the arms, so for 75 cents I made 3 little dresses that just turned out so cute. Oh and I did have the rick rack in my stash too.

This one is yellow with pink ties and pink rick rack, they wear them like little sundresses.


And here are the 2 blue ones I completed!

You can also make them from fabric too, but these took under an hour each to complete. Wanna try it.. go to www.littledressesforafrica.org/blog and get the pattern.
Off to work today!
Happy Stitches!
Dorothy


1 comment:

Nanna said...

how sweet, I love the fact that you're making them for Africa, what a wonderful cause, I'll definately check that link out
Helen