Monday, February 15, 2010

St Patty's Day Swap

Good Morning!

I am in the Yahoo Group Quilted Table Runners, and we had a swap for St Patty's Day -- you were to make a 15 inch tabletopper. This is the great one I received from Darlene. I just love the Shamrocks in the bowl! She did a fantastic job. She also made a cute little card and included a St Patty's Day notepad, great for writing my shopping list out for out St Patty's day dinner! So very thoughtful.





Here is the tabletopper I made and the little gifties I mailed off to my secret person. Remember when I told you I sorted all my cards, well lucky me, I had a St Patty's Day card, so it worked out perfectly.





Here is a closeup of the tabletopper, just a churn dash block with a border, but I just love the way it turned out. I hope the lady who gets it likes it.

Busy week this week for us, today we have to finish the electrical repairs because tomorrow the county inspector will be there, hopefully we pass, so the boys can start the plumbing. Keep your fingers crossed everything goes well. We had the well and septic inspection on Friday, and of course the inspector is a CYA type of a guy and since no one has actually lived there for a couple years he is going to suggest some money be held back for 30 days -- the key here will be how much money will be held back I am ok with $1,000 - $2,000 any more than that, won't work. The Septic inspector told me a new septic costs $12,000 -- that is not in my budget. And since it did work fine when my mom was there and fine when we had a renter, it should continue to work. We will just have to wait and see.
Hubby is off for his excercise, so I have a little time to sew this morning!
Happy Stitches
Dorothy

3 comments:

Quilty bird said...

I like the table topper you made. Simple, but so pretty and cheery. It would look great in my kitchen!

Sara said...

I have always loved the Churn Dash block...and I think the table topper you made is lovely!!!

Like the one you got too...

Amy Friend said...

Hey, I am trying to reach you about the potholder pass and I remembered that last time my message went to spam. Can you check there and get back to me? Thanks so much!