Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Back from the Girls GetAway Weekend!!

Hello!

I am back from the Girls Winter Get a Way weekend! As you can tell from the photo below, I packed light!!!! That is an understatement. I brought along 10 projects to work on, yes I was crazy. I did get some stuff done, but nothing like I could have - if I would have sat down and sewed instead of being a social butterfly.





Of course the bed and breakfast we stayed at was about 1 hour from my house, we left at 9:30 AMand arrived there at 5 PM!! Bad traffic you ask?!?! No just lots of quilt shops along the way.
Here is our group at Quilters General Store in Rockford.



After that we went to lunch and then to Acorn Quilts in Rockford, they are a new store and kinda modern but nice.
Fast forward to Sunday morning, here is the entire group with some of the projects we worked on. It was a great time and everyone enjoyed it. This picture was taken at the Victorian Veranda where we stayed, http://www.bbonline.com/il/veranda/ It was a great place to stay, we had 9 people so we filled up the house and it was awesome. Rhett is the lady who owns the house and runs the B&B - you could not ask for a nicer host.

Glad to be home - we were up til 3 each night got up by 7 each morning, it was nice to sleep once again in my own bed.
I will share more pictures tomorrow.
Happy Stitches
Dorothy





1 comment:

Sara said...

Sounds like a wonderful time. I am going to do the same thing this coming week-end, only knitting, with some friends...I'll show photos next week...