Friday, December 30, 2011

NYE Mystery and a Christmas Project!

Good Morning!

I am participating in the NYE Mystery over at the Quilt Talk Yahoo group -- I have done this mystery since 2004 - with only 1 year skipped because we were out of town. These are the fabrics I have selected this year. I love them!! I just got the groovy flower and yellow fabric yesterday and I had the pink and green in my stash! I am excited to see how it will turn out.



And here are all my pieces cut - did not take too long - about an hour and a half and I ready! It starts at 7 AM tomorow, so I will be setting the alarm so I am ready to go. Dear Hubby makes snacks through out the day so it is a nice day and then we go out to dinner around 7 when the mystery is complete and then come back home. I even bring my machine down to the dining room so I am not sewing alone.




Yesterday - since my room is sew sew clean -- and I have put projects in a basket that need just a few things done and they will be complete -- well this is what I worked on yesterday morning I made 14 candle mats -- some were partially sewn -- I have the backs cut - today I will quilt them and sew the binding on and then I can just hand sew the binding as I watch tv at night with Dear Hubby -- This will go in my craft show tubs, I made a few of them this year and they sold real quick so I hope they go in 2012 as well. At least I am seeing some progress!
Well I think I am headed back up to my sewing room and start quilting these little guys up -- did I mention I made 14 yesterday!!!

Happy Stitches
Dorothy

1 comment:

Justonehiddles said...

This was a loovely blog post