Saturday, January 26, 2013

Sewing Marathon!

Hello!

What a busy week!   Thursday I was at work and had gotten an email about an Estate sale of a quilter -- so since it is winter and we are not busy at work -- I took a longer lunch and went and check it out -- here are some of the goodies I got!!  I felt so lucky to get 2 of Kim Diehls books and a 7 yard bundle of halloween fabrics that all co-ordinate!  And then lots of other pretty fabrics - they were selling for $3 - $4 a yard and this was Moda and Thimbleberries, you could not pass it up.
 



Then when I got home on Thursday I thought I have got to get some Me Time in the sewing room and I have been sewing all weekend!  It has been wonderful!!  Here is one of my projects it is for a friendship bag swap on Flickr -- I just love this bag and may have to make 1 for me!!
 




Then I am working on the Bee in my Bonnet Row quilt -- we got instructions this week for Row 10  -- as you can see I am behind!   I was further behind on Thursday  night -- since then I completed 2 rows -- now only 5 rows behind!!  Love the way it is turning out -- but with 30's it is hard not to love it!

  

Here is my first UFO finish of the year -- I completed this a week or so ago when I was Queen on the Stashbusters list -- it is the Schnibbles called X-rated -- I am going to us in for my dining room table for Valentines day! 

So that is what I have been up to for the past few days!   What are  you working on??

Thanks for stopping by!
Happy Stitches!
Dorothy

2 comments:

Celtic Thistle said...

You did do well at that sale and your friendship bag is so cute I think you should definitely make one for yourself!

Marie said...

WOW! You got some great deals at the estate sale - good for you. Time well spent :).