Sunday, January 20, 2013

A Litte Valentine Sewing

Good morning!

How are you doing today.

I have not had much time to sew over the last few weeks,  we had a sub pump malfunction a year or so ago - so we needed to cut out some of the drywall in the basement and replace it -- not a fun job - the drywall had been cut out but not replaced so that is what we have been doing.  Also finishing the bathroom in the basement -- and as the carpenters (Dear Hubby) assistant (thats me) I have been holding tape measures, finding screws etc, all those fun things.

But this past week I had a little time to head up to the sewing room and I was going thru my Valentine fabrics and found a fat quarter of this heart fabric and I thought - this would make some cute coasters so that is what I did -- I made a set of four.     



The center square is 3 1/2 inches then the border is  1 1/2 inches the coaster finishes about 5 inches square - I do put a layer of batting in the center, I just use left over pieces -- a great way to get rid of some of the smaller pieces of batting we end up with.



I also made a set of Valentine potholders -- for these  I just went to my scrap bin and string pieced them on muslin - then quilted them and bound them -- very nice I think and aa quick project.
 

I plan on doing some sewing today, just as soon as I start the laundry.  What have you been up to?

Happy Stitches
Dorothy

No comments: