Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas Eve!

Good Morning!

I am up early today, lots to do, vacuuming, dusting and getting ready for the family coming tomorrow. We did get a ton done yesterday, dear hubby worries about such crazy things, he put in a new door bell ....like we wouldn't know the family was here, heck they walk in aways! Then we put a new light in the dining room, thank goodness I hated the old one. Then we touched up paint the hallway. He just gets really too crazy about things I think people won't even notice.
But that is the way he is and you just have to deal with it. I got lots done and even got the guest room cleaned up -- just in case it snows and someone stays over. I had a ton of fabric in there from the Creation Station, so all that stuff went right back to the Creation Station and now that needs to be cleaned. Thank God for 2 story homes, they don't need to be up there.

How is your holiday cleaning going?

When we got up yesterday there such a thick fog and as the fog left this is what our back yard looked like. I just loved the frosty winter look, so perfect for Christmas time.




Remember last week when we had to vacate the house becuase of the wood floor being refinished. Well of course we went to some quilt shops and here are some neat chairs that this one shop had in their classroom, I won't tell you where I was - because I was not sure if I could take some photos, I just did it.....bad me?!?!

Aren't they neat? They had many chairs with different quilt blocks painted on them. I had purchased some old chairs at garage sales this year that I was going to make into planter chairs, but I think these are fun too. So after the first of the year I am going to try my hand at some of these chairs.

Well I better get back to work, the quicker I start the faster I will be done. And we also have a few errands to run today. How are you doing on your Christmas errands? Are you all done yet? Seems like my mind keeps going on more things I can do.....crazy but fun time of the year!
I hope you have a Merry Christmas!
Happy Stitches
Dorothy

No comments: