Thursday, March 5, 2009

Spring might be here!?!?

Good Morning

It is actually much warmer this morning, the weatherman said in the 50's today! Of course rain later in the day, you know what they say, In every garden a little rain must fall.
Speaking of gardens, I got a full time job, have been looking for almost a year and there is nothing out there, it really is tough, I have been working part time at one company for almost a year and filling in a few different temp assignments. This job is much different than the office jobs I have had in the past. I am going to be working at a Garden Center, creating pots of plants and flowers, selling flowers, plants and trees and maintaining the plants before they go home to their new homes. The pay is much less than I was making in an office, but at this point, it is 40 hours a week, I think I will enjoy it and I will work there April - end of October and hopefully at that point the economy will be a bit better and I will be able to get back into an administrative position. But for now I am looking forward to being outside most days and tending to the plants, and gardeners are just as friendly as quilters, so I am sure I will make some friends. So I have a list of things I want to get done before I go back to work full time, I am sure I can accomplish my list and even get some quilting projects done.
I am off to my creation station now, so hopefully tomorrow I will have some pictures to post for you!
Happy Stitches
Dorothy

2 comments:

LINDA BYLSMA said...

Ooohhhhhh, gardening is another passion of mine, and I can hardly wait for my plants to start peeking through the gloom. Nurseries don't pay much, but the perks are wonderful. Have a great time and be sure to share. Take pictures of the new plants for us!

Helen said...

Hi Dorothy, Just wondering if you got that second email with your flickr Dolls Quilt Swap partners deatils?? If you could let me know that would be great. Thanks. Helen.