Saturday, November 19, 2011

Friday Night Sew in & some swap photos

Hello!

Happy Saturday afternoon....boy it is a nice day to be home, winds are gusty and it is in the low 40's -- glad to be in the sewing room!

Thought I would show you a few of the swaps I have gotten in the last week or 2 also. This is a FANTASTIC postcard from Cindy -- we are in the postcard swap group on Flickr -- I just love this!! Going to put it on an easel on the entry way table Friday....you know you can't put it out now and skip Turkey day!!



And this is what else was in the package...does she know me or what? I love the pattern, going to make some for my last show of the year, the town house walk, I have 12 days til set up day, so I need to get busy again!! And then some other goodies I will use in my crafting. Thanks Cindy!!




Another Flickr group I am in is the pincushion swap group and I got these 3 adorable Chickens from Mary!! I just love these, and I am going to paint my room a 30's color this winter and go all out 30's in my sewing room, these will fit right in!! She knows me too --mylove for 30's and chickens!!! Thank you Mary!!





I have been cleaning up a storm this past week, I really don't know how things get so out of control with only me and Dear Hubby home, but it was CRAZY out of control! So I spent 1 day cleaning the master bedroom, washing the windows and curtains and cleaning out the closet. Then the next on the guest room all clean and tidy ready for a guest. The only room upstairs that still needs attention is the Sewing Room, I have tried but it just needs to be gutted and revamped so that will happen in December. I am now just moving around the mess!

While I was cleaning I had piles of this and that everywhere and look where Buttons thought it was the perfect pile to take a nap! I think the flash must have woke her up! Sure does look warm and cozy.


Well finally you are asking....what did this girl do on Friday Night sew in.....well without further delay here is what I got done.... A Santa wallhanging. I am making several of these for gifts - But this one was the first one and still needs to be quilted. This was one of our free patterns that we got at the BOM we went to yesterday.




Well I better get back to sewing for a little bit, we are heading to the library this afternoon, Dear Hubby is having hernia surgery next Friday - so it would be good if he had some books to browse as he recuperates.

Have a great day!
Happy Stitches
Dorothy

4 comments:

barb's creations said...

WOW you have been busy getting organised and de-cluttered,I'm like you and waiting for December & January to do my sewing room.Love your santa applique,what are you going to finish making it into? :) Barb.

The 4 Bushel Farmgal said...

That's a really jolly Santa! He's going to bring a smile to the lucky person who receives this gift :)
You had a productive Friday Night Sew-In (and a lot of other busy days!)
Best wishes.

Anonymous said...

The Santa wall hanging is really cute. Great FNSI result.

Ellen said...

Your Santa is very cute. You have been a very busy girl!