Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Hello!

Hello!

It has been a while since I have blogged. Sorry it is summer and it gets hectic! I do have a finish to show you, it is a watermelon tabletopper, I got the fabric last year at a garage sale and I have use it on several things. Looks vintage to me.



I also have been working on a few other projects, I donate goodies to our local Hospice for BUNS baking up nice surprises, well I am not a great baker so I make something, for each bag, they distribute about 135 bags 3 times a year. This time since it was summer I enlisted the help of my sister in law that is a big scrapbooker, and has alot of punches, so she made me about 200 flower shapes, I drew the face and glued them onto a Dum Dum and then added the leaf, that she also cut out!! Thank you Leslie!




I then had many flowers left over and my bosses wife is in the hospital and I wanted to something for her, so since I work at a garden center this is what I came up with and I made this today before I went to work. Turned out cute I think - I sure hope if lifted her spirits a bit today.



Other than that I have been doing some gardening, here is a photo of my Creek side Garden it is at the back of our property. On the 4th of July we spread about 7 yards of mulch back there, so it is nice and cleaned up. See the red and yellow barbeque grill, I just got that out someones garbage, spray painted it red and painted yellow polka dots on it, what would the world be without dots?!?! I will put up another picture of the grill tomorrow. It is cute!


Do you have any plans for the weekend? I sure do it is QUILT GET A WAY Weekend!! We leave on Friday and come home on Sunday!! I already have my projects packed! Can't wait

Well off to bed!
Happy Stitches
Dorothy

No comments: