Friday, March 1, 2013

Final UFO Finish of Febraury

Good Morning!

It's another 3 day weekend for me, I am thinking I only have a few more of these left and then work will be picking up.   So I thought I better tackle my UFO's  again :)   I quilted this watermelon quilt last weekend and sewed on the binding by machine and last night I finished sewing it down by hand!    This quilt top was made in 2003 -- 10 years!   It was one of my favorite tops -- the watermelon and sunflowers are all stenciled on  -- I did the to in a class and then with a fine point sharpie we outlined each item and added detail and with that sharpie we signed our name and dated it!  How fast time flies, I knew it was some time since I created the top but 10 YEARS!   


It measures 40 x 40 so I have a few choices I can use it on our dining room table or on my quilt rack that is in our stairway  -- not sure but I am sure that I love it!  I was so afraid I would ruin it when I quilted it, but I think I actually did a good job.

I am going to work on another UFO this weekend, a bunny wallhanging and tomorrow I am meeting some friends at a quilt shop to get the next step in a challenge they are doing -- today I have to complete step 2 in order to get step 3 free :)

Happy Stitches!
Dorothy 

1 comment:

Kendra said...

Looks great Dorothy!

Ooo, you'll be busy at work again soon so that MUST mean Spring is coming, thank goodness!!!

Kendra