Friday, July 30, 2010

It's Friday!

Good Morning

I can not believe it was a week ago today that I left for Girls Summer Get Away weekend! We had a blast, we once again stayed at the Victorian Veranda - check it out here www.bbonline.com/il/veranda/

We started out visiting a few shops on the way - I purchased some fall fabrics for tablerunners and stuff - I was proud of myself I did not go crazy.

We arrived at the B&B at 3:30 set up and started sewing by 5 our first project was the Snap Happy bag -- these are so fun and quick to make, I see many more of these bags in my future.



Then it was on to the project I brought, I have toted this project to at least 2 other retreats, so I was going to get serious with this - and I did -- I finished 512 three and half inch 4 patches! YES 512!




Then I started to work on the 2 sided connecting corner blocks, and I completed 108 of those!!! Here is a peek at the finished block! I only got 26 of these done, but I am all excited about it and want to work on it more.


Hopefully by the end of August I will have all the connecting corner blocks, I still need to do 408 of those but I have a ton already cut out, so it will just be sewing.
I am off today and tomorrow, already have cleaned house a bit and it looks a little overcast out today, so I think the dogs and I will hit some garage sales this morning.
Check back I will post my finds
Happy Stitches
Dorothy

1 comment:

Darlene's Quilts and Stuff said...

Hi Dorothy wow did you do a lot of sewing. I wish I could get in the mood for it. I love reading your blog
Darlene