Saturday, June 8, 2013

Happy Saturday!

Hi there!

Busy times with summer here and all the gardening that needs to be done, seems like once you get the last garden weeded - the first one you started with has weeds!! Never ending battle!  But I love it.

Also tryng to clean out the sewing room so I can paint it -- also another HUGE chore, we have a computer in there so I am deleting all I can from there and saving some of the pics and other things I can't live without - worked on that for about 2 hours last night and still have more to do!!

Got the garage back to cleaned up -- we can only say cleaned up -- because cleaned out is never going to happen til winter time -- too many summer toys we need access to.

I do love to cut my flowers and bring them in and to work so I can enjoy them all the time  -- These peonies are from my parents house -- I transplanted a few of them when my mom came to live with us and got some more right before we sold the house -- they are doing fantastic and need to be split again.   These peonies are the old variety and smell fantastic.  -- I would imagine they are close to 50 years old -- and how I hated them when I was a kid, they always had ants in them - and I would always mow them over right after they bloomed and they still survived   - but we don't have the ant problem at my house.   And now I treasure them because my mom loved them so much -- funny how  your perspective on things change over time.  Here they are with some purple salvia in the vase too.



Speaking of another old time garden thing -- Rhubarb -- my mom had that growing like weeds out back at her house and I did like Rhubarb as a kid -- so when I got my rhubarb plants a couple years ago, I was looking forward to the day  I could bake something with it --- well today was that day -- I made a delish rhubarb cake, you make a yellow cake mix -- put that in a 9 x 13 inch pan - then add 5 cups small chuncks of rhubarb and then  sprinkle 3/4 cup of sugar on top of that and then a 1/2 pint of heavy cream  and bake at 350 for 40 minutes  and this is what you get!
MMMMM...good  - the cream and the rhubarb sink to the bottom during backing and it is so good, we had 2 pieces each tonight!
   
What have you been up to?

Have a good rest of the weekend!
Happy Stiching and Gardening!
Dorothy

No comments: