Sunday, October 30, 2011

Pumpkin Fest!

Hello!

This weekend in a nearby town, it is Pumpkin Fest Weekend, they have hundreds of pumpkins lined up on the courthouse lawn and lots of food booths and activities and today is a 3 hour parade, I would love to go to the parade, but as Dear Hubby reminded me, and miss football? Really I don't know what I was thinking! One year when my mom was still with us, they decided it would be ok to go to the parade, I made Halloween Fleece blankets for all of us and I was so EXCITED! Well we got there got our spots and about an hour into it the whining started, so I gave up and we returned home, where football was on the TV and they both fell asleep, so every year I say, it sure would be nice to go to the parade and every year I hear the same thing, call your girl friends and have fun! And of course every year it is cold and this year was no exception, we went to look at the pumpkins early this morning and the wind was whipping around and then right after we left the rain started. So not a great day for a parade, but one day it will be and I will enjoy the entire parade :)

I wanted to share with you some of the pumpkins that we saw today....really some folks have great imagination.


These are 2 little pumpkins Mr and Mrs in the bath tub, complete with gold faucet (gourds)




This one just made me smile, I love Penguins and he is just adorable!


This guy was life size and he represents the Lions Club (who hosts this event every year) and the pumpkin head Lion is on a Scooter, really creative.



This one of course is adorable, a dalmatian pumpkin with 50 (it is the 50th year of the fest) little dalmatians

And this is really fantastic, a pumpkin riding an old fashion bike!
Such creativity!


You can click on each picture to see a larger view if you would like to.

I have been cleaning my sewing room alot this week and getting ready for Halloween, wich is tomorrow I can not believe it. I will be back tomorrow with some quilty/crafty photos, finally got the camera memory extended, so I have about 1650 more photos to take before it will be full again!

Happy Haunting and Stitching!
Dorothy

No comments: