Sunday, September 18, 2011

A quilt Show, A New BOM and a little Finish!

Good Afternoon!

What a great quilty weekend. It started Friday night with going to a local guilds Quilt Show, here are some photos of some of the fabulous quilts we saw! This was one of my favorites, I LOVE 30's so much and the scallop edge was so beautiful. I hope to make one of these....someday.




This one is a Blackbird design, I love the colors, I love the blocks, I love it all. This might be a good winter project.





This one is about the size of a piece of paper (8.5 x 11 inches) I love the little hexies! And the green background I think is a good choice.



Then our group when out to a fish fry after and talked and laughed til about 10:30 ....I got home after 11! Gosh and the sidewalks weren't rolled up!!

Then I got up early - took a few hours off of work and went to the LQS for the kick off of the new BOM, I am so EXCITED!! It is Jan Patek! I have always wanted to do one of her quilts. So this is block one.



And of course today is football day,(and it is a rainy cold day..perfect football weather) so when I was watching the Bears with Dear Hubby I finished up this little candle mat - the navy is not as bright in person. It is not all that big the center is about 5 1/2 inches. But I love working with wool and started it last year, so a finish is a good thing.



Thanks for stopping by I hope you had a great weekend!
Happy Stitches
Dorothy

1 comment:

Kelli Fannin Quilts said...

Those are gorgeous quilts! And great finish. So cute. I am a new follower. I saw you commented on another blog I follow, and love the name of your blog. :)