Monday, August 29, 2011

Another UFO finish!!

Good Morning!

I have been busy this past week. And I have another UFO complete!! This one is about 8 years or so old. I did a mystery quilt at a LQS and I lost some of my blocks, so I completed the mystery and called it Still A Mystery to Me! And I had all this fabric left over and lots of 4 patches, so I created this little quilt - it measures about 30 x 44 - but I did not have any more fabric for the border, so I was in Hobby Lobby a few weeks back and there it was!! AWESOME! so I bought some and I thought I had purchase enough for the border and the binding WRONG, I was one 2 1/4 inch strip short!! So on the way to dinner Saturday night we stopped and another Hobby Lobby and I got another 1/4 yard and last night during Big Brother I finished up the binding! This would be a cute little blanket for a baby boy.



I was also very lucky this month, the Le Petite Project I belong to was very generous to everyone who made the project last month. Carrie from Miss Rosie and Company sent everyone 2 Layer cakes and a pattern, my pattern was a pincushion kit from Primitive Gatherings and I have already started on it- so I will show that when it is complete. I was thrilled about this -- so today is my day off this week and I need to work on the project that needs to be on our blogs by Sept 1st!!

Here are my 2 layer cakes: Cool huh?




Still plugging away things for my craft shows coming up, this is a simple pattern call Orgami - I just love the sunflowers!



Well I hope you are having a great day!
Happy Stitches
Dorothy

No comments: